About Green Trade Initiative
Green Trade Initiative is designed to enhance the Argo industry sector export efficiency of SMEs and promote their products in the European markets through:
- Agricultural crop tracking systems training
- Export guidance
- Assist Export companies in developing short and long export plans
- Develop E marketing of their products.
- Enhancing export efficiency of NGOs
- Establishing export services hub to provide market intelligence services
- Participation in the MACFRUT exhibition in Italy
- Organizing trade mission to the Netherlands to promote Egyptian products in Europe
- Increase exports of small and medium-sized companies operating in the agricultural products sector growth rates.
Green Trade Program Objectives:
1. Increase the quality and quantity of Egyptian fresh products that comply with the EU market standards on food safety and control:
• Training exporters on tracability and application tools.• Development of new strains
2. Improve the efficiency of the collection, transport and logistics system
• Development operations of transfer internal containers from/ to exports sea ports
3. Increase the volume of exports of fresh products through stable relationships with strategic markets and technology suppliers
• Integrating small and medium producers into the export value chain.
• Organizing foreign trade missions and exhibitions , as well as business matchmaking between Egyptian SMEs and foreign partners in Italy and the European Union.
• Implementation of a national capacity-building program to strengthen the capacity of small and medium-sized enterprises and exporters to export and market information on the trade information platform.
• Enhancing Egyptian exports of the horticulture sector through awareness of small and medium-sized enterprises with market information and promotional materials.
• Implementing a media campaign to EU markets.
Discover More About EDA and GTI
The Export Development Authority (EDA) affiliated from the Ministry of Trade and Industry, was established by the presidential decree no. 22 year 1992 to develop, promote and increase Egyptian exports.
Through the formulation and development of export policies as well as plans and programs necessary to implement the State Vision for the development of exports and follow-up on the implementation and performance measurement in cooperation with all governmental and non-governmental bodies.
The Authority is a forum for export services, providing programs, information and technical support to enhance performance in the export process.
It is also the link between different institutions and entities in Egypt that provide different services to the Egyptian exporters.